What is CT cone beam 3D imaging?
CT cone beam 3D imaging uses an advanced type of technology to create three-dimensional images of dental structures, soft tissues, nerve paths, and bone. This three-dimensional image only requires one scan to create. These images allow for more accurate treatment planning. Drs. Howard and Howard are proud to use 3D imaging in Encino, California, to provide you with the most accurate, effective dental treatment possible.
We recommend that you wear loose-fitting clothing to your visit if you will be having this type of X-ray. Do not wear any metal objects during the scan, as these may affect the CT images. Leave jewelry, eyeglasses, hairpins, and dentures at home or remove them before your exam.
When would CT cone beam 3D imaging be used?
CT cone beam 3D Imaging is often used in complex cases, including:
- Surgical planning for impacted teeth
- Diagnosing temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ)
- Accurate placement of dental implants
- Inspection of the jaw, sinuses, nerve canals, and nasal cavity
- Identifying, measuring, and treating jaw disorders
- Determining bone structure and tooth orientation
- Locating the source of pain
- Cephalometric analysis
- Reconstructive surgery
For more information on CT cone beam 3D imaging, or to schedule an appointment with our experienced dentists, we welcome you to call us today at The Dental Office of Encino!